week 5 and counting
While we've been working on this little blog for weeks, it's amazing how much time this little 9 pound human can take to maintain:) So, instead of a well-planned blog (which I would typically preach to clients), I decided this is how we'll kick this thing off... haphazardly and without much direction. I mean, we're under Nora's command anyway, right?
So, in true Letterman style, here are the top 10 things we've learned about parenthood in the past 5 weeks…
10. Little babies are actually pretty pliable. Not that we've had any close calls, but neither of us had held a newborn. After watching the nurses just toss her around, you get really brave, really fast.
9. It's amazing how quickly you learn to do things with just one hand.
8. Navigating your house in the pitch black without running in to doors or stepping on things is common practice.
7. Escalators are no longer an option when at the mall with a stroller. Do you know how hard elevators are to find?
6. She truly is a product of us... so, the moment you look at her and see yourself, and you're only thought is, "man, I've really done it this time... everything I've ever done is coming back to me 10-fold."
5. Sleep. That word has an all new meaning.
4. No matter how stupid you think the thing you’re googling is, enough people will have previously googled it for it to auto complete.
3. Apparently, moms with newborns, infants, toddlers or any offspring that isn't in school shops at Target between the hours of 8a and 11a, Monday-Friday.
2. Getting pee'd, poop'd and thrown up on and you're okay with it.
1. This chick poops A LOT! 8-12 diapers a day, my butt… she's on at least 20-25. I can't imagine cloth diapers, we'd be washing clothes twice a day just to keep up with her digestive system.
To wrap up our first 5 weeks, find some of our favorite pictures of the little tike below:
Day of BirthAs you can imagine, the day she arrived was a blur. A happy blur, but a blur nonetheless. To say that we feel blessed is an understatement.











Really glad you are doing this blog and I agree with you about Facebook. This seems like such a more personal way to share Nora with us! Ya'll are such dear friends to us and we praise God for what He has done, is doing, and will do in the life of the Farmers which is now 3 of you:-). Love ya'll!! --Bate
ReplyDelete