A world to discover
“From the very beginning of his education, the child should experience the joy of discovery.” -Alfred North Whitehead
This time last year we had about two months before the little lady would arrive. Advice was coming from all corners ("our lives were going to change," "this and that would never be the same," blah, blah, blah). What everyone failed to mention was how amazing it would be to watch her grow. It's not just her that's growing. I'm growing. Her curiosities of the world and her eagerness to discover everything around her is fascinating. She wants to touch things and hold things and see what's making a certain noise. When she hears a new noise, she stops and listens, then looks at us, like, "did you hear that???" Do you remember what that was like? Do you remember what it's like to constantly be seeking knowledge? Not because your job requires it, but because YOU want to know. I can't wait for her to start asking questions? I can't wait to see how her brain will work and learn what kind of thinker she will be? Will she have a creative mind like me or a literal mind like her dad? I can't wait to explore with her and let her teach me things that I've forgotten or look at things like I've never seen them. I remember when she saw light coming through trees for the first time. She was completely in awe. How amazing would it be for us to see the beauty in the things that we don't give a second thought to? Who knew such a small being could be so powerful. I love her.
Week 42 was full of adventure...
• We had our follow-up with the doctor - looks like she'll be getting tubes. We have a consultation with the ENT on Wednesday.
• She enjoyed her first Valentine's party at school - totally forgot you're supposed to send things to school - luckily I was reminded, but I wasn't able to deliver the caliber I would have liked - Easter, I'll be ready:)
• Gram came in for the weekend so Mommy and Daddy could enjoy a night out.
• We made our first visit to the zoo. It was a mad house - but fun.
• Attended our first birthday party!!
• Still not crawling
• No more teeth - holding strong at two!
• She's becoming more aware of herself. While she can't crawl, she's beginning to understand how to get from point A to point B, how to get out of her chair and how to get from our laps on the couch, to standing on the floor. We're beginning to think there will be no crawling or walking - straight to running!








Some of my favorite moments are watching the "wheels" turn in my children's heads! You are very deep and introspective (which becoming a parent tends to do), but she sure is a cutie! There are so many things as a parent that you encounter and become that you had no idea we even possible before :) Congratulations on enjoying the journey so much!
ReplyDelete