Packing and Partying

New teeth...bottom canines are coming in at the same time!

And look at the ONE ponytail - all the hair finally fits. Doesn't stay up well, but that's not the point, right?

New words - I mean there's tons of things she's trying to say, but only a few we can figure out what she's saying. She has a bit of an Italian accent - it's funny. Caillou - her new favorite cartoon. 

Speaking of communicating - everyday she becomes better and better at understanding what we're telling her - would you like to put on your jacket (gets her jacket and "attempts" to put it on); would you like to eat (goes to her high chair); would you like to go outside (goes to a door). 

She's starting to snuggle a bit - which is something I've been waiting for. Until now, she's only wanted to snuggle when she didn't fell well. 

While she's still as serious as can be, she's starting to be a little goof ball - she's so stinking cute. This was my greeting when I got home one evening this week.

The packing doesn't seem to bother her - if anything she could care less. However, while cleaning out boxes, I found my Cabbage Patch dolls - consider the introduction made - she seemed to dig her. I packed them back up, so they will be "new" toys when we get to Nashville. If anyone has tips on cleaning old CP's, I'm taking suggestions. The hair smells a little funky. Febreeze maybe?

The today ended on a sad note. When we left Nashville five years ago, we knew Oklahoma City was only temporary and the "goodbye's" temporary... with that, our dearest friends here in OKC had a going away party for us. Complete with pizza from around Oklahoma City, in honor of our five year streak of pizza on Sunday's. For those of you following along - thank you so much.... for taking us in like family, for being so gracious and so kind, for being there for us when life threw us curves. We promise to keep in touch and talk about you to Nora - after all, you all knew her first. We love you.

Practicing her "plop, plop" (thanks Tami Delozier) down the stairs. 



Comments

Popular Posts