Merry Holiday Time

Lord help us. The exhaustion. I am SO tired. Work, the holidays, travel, shopping, preparing. I'm so happy it's over. The trees and decorations are down (and organized in a very tidy manner). I have completed post-Christmas shopping for next year. Nora has been on grand adventures (for a 3 year old). It's been a great year, a great holiday... onward and upward, as they say.

I love the ringing in of a new year. The anticipation of a new beginning. Resetting. Starting over. There's something invigorating about it. At least for a few weeks:) It's a big year for us. I turn 40. Nora turns 4. Farmer will celebrate 9 years of marriage. Prepare yourselves, eh?

We put a wrap on 2017 with a packed schedule. My Christmas day pictures were a fail. I apologize:)
Tuesday she made her maiden voyage to American Girl with her Grandma, cousin Clara and Aunt Lisa.
Friday night we had dinner with friends and again, enjoyed these days where the kids are old enough to play by themselves, while adults can conversate. 
Saturday afternoon we had a playdate with the twins. Dance parties, tea parties and flower girls. It was fun!! It's amazing that they haven't seen each other in months, and they all start talking about each other - according to Nora, she's moving to Oklahoma to live next to Jordan and Travis and then she's going to move to a different house and the twins will be her neighbors. Oh, and she's getting into Travis' belly, because Jordan already has a baby in her belly and there can't be two babies in there. - Says Nora.
 
Sunday afternoon we had a classmates birthday party. First time bowling for this one. She enjoyed herself. Also, after all the days of her telling us that she doesn't play with anyone at school and she doesn't have any friends. Apparently, she's the MVP in her class. Shocker. The little fibber. Which also found out that her instinctual nature of not telling the truth is actually a sign of intelligence.  
 She doesn't like chocolate.
And this is Maddox, the birthday boy. She couldn't bowl without him being there next to her. I walked up to them having this conversation. They were talking about what? I have no idea. It was super cute. 
 And also, "Snakes like grass, Mommy."

Comments

Popular Posts