And now to reflect

I suppose first I should apologize for my posts over the past couple weeks. No one ever said parenting would be so difficult. I'm hoping that the lack of warning means I'll forget about these brutal weeks that test me as a person. On the topic I was watching an episode of The Middle today and there was a portion where Mike points out to Frankie how similar she and Axel are - they both complain a lot. It made me stop and think and realize how much I've got to get a grip on my patience. It's definitely one of my least flattering features and I really don't want her to see me react like a lunatic and think it's okay. So there.

It's been a pleasant week. Like, really. It's been wonderful. We had some brutal weather on Wednesday and Friday - to the tune of 8-9 inches of snow on top of ice. I know folks give us Southerners a hard time - but driving on snow that's sitting on top of 2" of ice is no joke. Anyone, we're all suffering from a severe case of cabin fever - blah. Needless to say, if you haven't seen already, she's NOT A FAN of snow. AT ALL.







When you're trapped inside for a few days... you make bows.

We finally got out of the house today to stretch our legs at Target, enjoyed some Mexican and play off games with our pals the Parmakians and Stotts. Tis a good day. A good good day. 

What's new? She's talking A LOT:

Color = holla (whilst pulling on the drawer with crayons)
Momm or Nora - Momma - the only distinguisher is that she points to me or points to herself.
Anna = Amma
Jayme = Amy
Joe = Joe
Ruby = Ewby
Cameron = Ameron
Stotty = Ah-ye
Shop = Shop


CHEERIOS

School Pics:
The end.

Comments

  1. I'm not saying your goal of working on patience isn't a good one. But, it is ok to also be occasionally frustrated. Some days/weeks are like that. The snow pictures are beautiful! Sometimes, I wish we southerners got to experience a real "snowpocalipse" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, THANK YOU for your kind and supportive words. It's a season, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts