The Mommy Diaries: Keeping It Real
I feel I would be doing a real injustice to not be as honest as possible on this blog. Circle of trust, right?
I'm struggling. My patience is as thin as a piece of parchment paper and getting thinner by the day. She's frustrated. I'm frustrated. Every action she takes, she's testing me. I tell her "no," she smiles and proceeds with what she was doing - for instance, right this minute she's got her milk turned upside down shaking it so milk is spilling all around - she knows better and even after I repeatedly tell her "no" she smiles at me and does it again. Imagine that action for every thing she does in a given day. Every. Thing. I'll let you take a minute to see if you can imagine how you might be emotionally doing.... go ahead, take a minute.
"No" is HER favorite word.
To break the tension... this was a picture her teachers sent this week... #goofball.

This morning she wanted a banana for breakfast. I peeled it and put it on her tray - she proceeded to break it half, smash it and throw it on the floor. Then she cried. She then agreed that Cinnamon Toast Crunch was what she wanted, so I poured some on her tray - she wiped every one of them off and on to the floor. I gave her milk, she threw it on the floor. I'll let that sink in and you can deduce how you might have reacted.
At dinner tonight, the same thing. looks me straight in the face and throws it on the floor.
So, yay.
In other news, she was sick again this week with another stomach bug. This was a weird one, she never ran a fever or had any other symptoms... but she couldn't hold anything down. She was so over crackers and Pedialyte. I don't like sick little girls.

She had her first gymnastics class this week - the teachers say she loved it - although, as usual, you'd never know it if you only saw the pictures.




This is her on the way to church this morning... sleeping... nose to nose... with none of than Paco.
Fun at school.
I'm struggling. My patience is as thin as a piece of parchment paper and getting thinner by the day. She's frustrated. I'm frustrated. Every action she takes, she's testing me. I tell her "no," she smiles and proceeds with what she was doing - for instance, right this minute she's got her milk turned upside down shaking it so milk is spilling all around - she knows better and even after I repeatedly tell her "no" she smiles at me and does it again. Imagine that action for every thing she does in a given day. Every. Thing. I'll let you take a minute to see if you can imagine how you might be emotionally doing.... go ahead, take a minute.
"No" is HER favorite word.
To break the tension... this was a picture her teachers sent this week... #goofball.

This morning she wanted a banana for breakfast. I peeled it and put it on her tray - she proceeded to break it half, smash it and throw it on the floor. Then she cried. She then agreed that Cinnamon Toast Crunch was what she wanted, so I poured some on her tray - she wiped every one of them off and on to the floor. I gave her milk, she threw it on the floor. I'll let that sink in and you can deduce how you might have reacted.
At dinner tonight, the same thing. looks me straight in the face and throws it on the floor.
So, yay.
In other news, she was sick again this week with another stomach bug. This was a weird one, she never ran a fever or had any other symptoms... but she couldn't hold anything down. She was so over crackers and Pedialyte. I don't like sick little girls.

She had her first gymnastics class this week - the teachers say she loved it - although, as usual, you'd never know it if you only saw the pictures.




This is her on the way to church this morning... sleeping... nose to nose... with none of than Paco.
Fun at school.





Oh honey! There are few things more frustrating and maddening and brink of insane-making than parenthood. And no matter what anyone says, what advice they have, what worked for them, what book they read, or what "they" say you should do, its all experimentation until you find what works for you and your little one. And it will change, day to day, even hour to hour. Keep trying. Keep loving. She'll be ok. And so will you. And so will your floor. Even if it is a bit dirty :)
ReplyDelete