From afar

I had a nice trip to Costa Rica. Missed my family, though.



I feel like she's gained 10 pounds and has developed a Webster's size vocabulary in just five days.

I'm pretty sure she somewhat missed me and I think she remembers me, based on the level of clinginess we've been experiencing and the struggle with bed time. It's fine though... nice to be wanted, eh??

My trip was much needed (even though it was sort of mandatory). I got a lot of alone time to reflect on things - life, family, career, etc. 

The good thing about traveling solo (even though I was with a group), I could do basically whatever I felt like doing, so every morning at six, I was on the beach watching the sun come up. At 5:45, we watched the sun go down. 

Got an amazing look at the Milky Way too. I saw monkey's in the wild and a good bit of iguana's chilling at the hotel. I snorkeled one afternoon and saw some beautiful fish in just a foot or so of water. I paddle boarded one afternoon in the estuary where there were some impressive mangroves and tons of egret. 


We did a honey tour to see some new economical initiatives to help restore the deteriorating watershed (Bees for Trees); we released newly hatched sea turtles too, which was part of the region's turtle hatchery. 

Needless to say, it was nice to unplug and get away for a few days.

Now, back to the grind. 






Comments

Popular Posts