Are stubborn and strong-willed the same thing?
Just asking. No reason. No reason at all. Because, ya know, she's all adorable and whatnot...
Now that your properly distracted from the title of the post...
This girl. The most recent "test" was in the bath this evening. She started splashing water out of the tub. On purpose, not just playful splash... the kind of splash where she's locked in, you know, staring me down while giving it everything she's got. I ask her to "please, stop." After my third ask, I smacked her hand. Her response, with a slight turn of her head, she slowly reached back and ever so slowly came down with another splash. It was so purposeful and with such passion. I cracked a smile. Naturally, her response was to go back in, committed as ever,to full on splashes. I smacked her hand again and she smiled at me. Bath time was over.
Friday evening we had dinner for Cameron's birthday. He got some ice cream. He got a bite of ice cream. Nora took care of the rest.

We were brave parents on Saturday morning. We're borrowing the half rail for her crib from a friend to begin the transition into a big girl bed. Foolish, foolish parental units. Foolish. She loved it... don't get me wrong. But, after two hours of trying to get her to go down for nap - we put the old rail back up. Maybe we'll try next year.
This is what I saw in the monitor when I decided the old rail was going back up.
She had a great time seeing the 'mingo's with Grandma.
Now that your properly distracted from the title of the post...
This girl. The most recent "test" was in the bath this evening. She started splashing water out of the tub. On purpose, not just playful splash... the kind of splash where she's locked in, you know, staring me down while giving it everything she's got. I ask her to "please, stop." After my third ask, I smacked her hand. Her response, with a slight turn of her head, she slowly reached back and ever so slowly came down with another splash. It was so purposeful and with such passion. I cracked a smile. Naturally, her response was to go back in, committed as ever,to full on splashes. I smacked her hand again and she smiled at me. Bath time was over.
Friday evening we had dinner for Cameron's birthday. He got some ice cream. He got a bite of ice cream. Nora took care of the rest.

After the appropriate amount of sugar - it was play time with Daddy.
Saturday morning we worked on finishing up our bucket of blueberries with some blueberry waffles. We were brave parents on Saturday morning. We're borrowing the half rail for her crib from a friend to begin the transition into a big girl bed. Foolish, foolish parental units. Foolish. She loved it... don't get me wrong. But, after two hours of trying to get her to go down for nap - we put the old rail back up. Maybe we'll try next year.
This is what I saw in the monitor when I decided the old rail was going back up.
She had a great time seeing the 'mingo's with Grandma.

















Sometimes, one of the hardest things to do as a parent, is to smile/not smile when it is appropriate. There have been multiple times when I have put on my "discipline mommy" face, and then gone downstairs and laughed as I tell the story to hubby. :)
ReplyDelete