More firsts.

Thoughts from Mommy:
There are no words to fully describe the amount of anxiety I had going into this week. Monday would be our first step into the new school. Tuesday was a half day. Wednesday was all day. How would it go? Would she have an accident the second I walked out the door? Would she cry? Would she not want me to leave? Monday night I barely slept. It was terrible. 
Fast forward to Friday morning.
My mom asked, “Do you regret not trusting her?” My answer, “yes and no.” She’s three, she can’t look me in the eye and say, “Mommy, I got this! I’m telling you I won’t ever have an accident again... and this time I really, really, really mean it.” She’s three. Her previous promises lead me to false hope. She’s like the little boy who cried wolf. As of this blog post, SHE HAS NOT HAD AN ACCIDENT since we walked out of the doors of Primrose over a week ago... Not one! She even gets up after going to bed to go potty. School was an absolute success. We like to believe she’s still “recruiting” for her squad. As you know, she’s very particular about who she lets in the inner circle - so the recruitment phase could take a couple weeks. She did ask for her the twins several mornings - wanting to know if they would be coming to her new school. We now have a playdate this weekend:) Here are shots from the PK-Cam.
Artwork haul from day 1.
So, yes, I was wrong. I 100%, without a doubt, had ZERO faith in her. I just knew she would be the first one to be kicked out because she wasn’t potty trained! But, she proved me wrong. By George, I think the kids got it! Her teachers are already bragging about what a great kid she is. And her weekly report from her teacher raved about her. My heart {pitter patter}.

Daddy had daddy-daughter time this weekend. So she got several playdates, a trip to the zoo, the TomatoFest, visits with the Grandma, Aunt, Uncle and cousins. When Mommy’s away, Daddy let’s munchkin play.
I was selected to represent my church (with three others) at a behind the scenes look at the operations of LifeChurch. I left Friday afternoon and got back this evening. What a great weekend. I needed to be inspired and motivated and really have some time to find myself and where I belong in this world. I have a very large fork in the road for my life and career and trying to decide which way to go. Here's our Hendersonville team with Pastor Craig and Amy Groeschel (the camera adds 10 pounds). 




Comments

  1. Congrats on starting the new school!!! It can be so hard on both parents and kids! But I am glad things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts