The big one.
And here we are. The week we start our new school. Our "big girl school" as we've called it. The school she's been asking about for a month. The school we've been so nervous about because of her potty training. The school where we intend for her to grow up, make friends and graduate from high school. The school where she will begin becoming the adult we will one day know. It's okay if you've teared up... I have.
This final week at Primrose wasn't an easy one. She changed classes, which meant a transition. A different floor of the school, new teachers, new rooms, new friends. If you don't have kids or don't remember - transitions of any kind at this age can, as my dad would say, "throw you under the bus." It did just that. She was in a grumpy mood all week, she was having accidents - as many as three a day. On Friday, she didn't want me to leave (the first time that has EVER happened) and she told me she didn't like her class. I was nervous when I left. She'd had a rough week - I knew that. But what would Friday bring? I picked her up to find she'd only had one accident. Yes, "only one." She spent no time announcing to everyone, "BYE! I'm going to my new school." Well, okay. I guess we know how she feels about things. From there - she has been an absolute riot to be around. She's been funny, and laughed and hasn't had a single accident. Ironic? I think not. For all you child psychologists out there - feel free to ponder...
We did celebrate her last day with dinner and her BFF's, the twins. I didn't capture any photos... but they completely lost their minds when they all saw each other. It was hilarious.
Her new "pack-pack" arrived. Stinking princess kitty cats... it's what she picked out.
Saturday ritual - Donuts with Dad. Don't think you can get by a Saturday without donuts.
Last night, we FINALLY got to visit her new school at a new student cookout. Nora expressed to us MULTIPLE times on the 10-minute drive, that she, "was SO excited." We got there and she took off. She ran and played. At dusk, they played Trolls on a projector and she showed off her dance skills. She had quite the audience. At 9 pm, she was wide awake and didn't want to leave. She also got to meet her teacher, whom she greeted with a gigantic bear hug. Nora WAS disappointed that she didn't get to see her class room. Tomorrow she will.
This final week at Primrose wasn't an easy one. She changed classes, which meant a transition. A different floor of the school, new teachers, new rooms, new friends. If you don't have kids or don't remember - transitions of any kind at this age can, as my dad would say, "throw you under the bus." It did just that. She was in a grumpy mood all week, she was having accidents - as many as three a day. On Friday, she didn't want me to leave (the first time that has EVER happened) and she told me she didn't like her class. I was nervous when I left. She'd had a rough week - I knew that. But what would Friday bring? I picked her up to find she'd only had one accident. Yes, "only one." She spent no time announcing to everyone, "BYE! I'm going to my new school." Well, okay. I guess we know how she feels about things. From there - she has been an absolute riot to be around. She's been funny, and laughed and hasn't had a single accident. Ironic? I think not. For all you child psychologists out there - feel free to ponder...
We did celebrate her last day with dinner and her BFF's, the twins. I didn't capture any photos... but they completely lost their minds when they all saw each other. It was hilarious.
Her new "pack-pack" arrived. Stinking princess kitty cats... it's what she picked out.
Saturday ritual - Donuts with Dad. Don't think you can get by a Saturday without donuts.


















Comments
Post a Comment