It was bound to happen.
I've posted 174 times to this page. 174 times. Despite everything that life throws at you, this is the first time I just plain forgot to write the blog. Like, literally, got up, showered, looked in the mirror and realized... "dang, I totally forgot about the blog last night."
But, hey, I was just making sure you were paying attention:)
So, yeah, fun week. I believe I mentioned some time ago about my job situation. Long story short (there's no Cliffs Notes version), I've been looking for a job. Not "looking" per se, but getting my resume ready, working on my portfolio, talking to some folks that could help with leads. You know, the uzhe. In a strange turn of events, the sort of stars aligning magic people talk about, the Gods plan type of thing... The thing that happens when you finally start realizing what it is all the other jobs have been missing and it all falls right into your lap... Yeah, that happened. I'm humbled and thrilled to announce that I will be going back to work for Saxum - yes, my company in Oklahoma City!!!! No, we're not moving back to Oklahoma - instead, I've been setting up my home office. I will be working remotely from the confines of my home. And I am PUMPED! All caps, bolded, italics and underlined, PUMPED!
I didn't capture any pictures, but Nora was super helpful in the building of my desk and drawers, getting the tape pulled down from the painting project and helping clean up.
I'm excited about the new chapter and even more excited that it will help me stay in touch with our Oklahoma friends. While it was way too far from home for me, Oklahomans are the best people in the world... salt of the Earth, folks. I don't want to lose them. Now, I won't.
I know you guys don't care about that, so on to Miss Sassy Pants. We were leaving Saturday morning and she handed me Paco. I asked her why she was giving him to me (if you want to bring Paco, you carry him, kid), without a pause, she said, "because I love you, Mommy. I love you too, Daddy." Melt. My. Heart.
We had a great surprise for her Saturday afternoon – a playdate with the BFF's, then dinner with Hank. It was a big Saturday. As you can see, she and Ellie have started a band.


Trying her hand at the accordion. My Great Uncle Eddie was a master accordionist. It's in the blood I suppose. We also realized that music and dance seem to be what she gravitates too.
This was adorable - they all sat around, ate their ice cream and chatted. Like they were catching up on old times.
Before we left OKC last week, we introduced Nora to a cookie pie. It's magical, folks. The warm goodness of fresh baked cookies, with ice cream and chocolate syrup. She was a fan.
I promise to be on time next week.
But, hey, I was just making sure you were paying attention:)
So, yeah, fun week. I believe I mentioned some time ago about my job situation. Long story short (there's no Cliffs Notes version), I've been looking for a job. Not "looking" per se, but getting my resume ready, working on my portfolio, talking to some folks that could help with leads. You know, the uzhe. In a strange turn of events, the sort of stars aligning magic people talk about, the Gods plan type of thing... The thing that happens when you finally start realizing what it is all the other jobs have been missing and it all falls right into your lap... Yeah, that happened. I'm humbled and thrilled to announce that I will be going back to work for Saxum - yes, my company in Oklahoma City!!!! No, we're not moving back to Oklahoma - instead, I've been setting up my home office. I will be working remotely from the confines of my home. And I am PUMPED! All caps, bolded, italics and underlined, PUMPED!
I didn't capture any pictures, but Nora was super helpful in the building of my desk and drawers, getting the tape pulled down from the painting project and helping clean up.
I'm excited about the new chapter and even more excited that it will help me stay in touch with our Oklahoma friends. While it was way too far from home for me, Oklahomans are the best people in the world... salt of the Earth, folks. I don't want to lose them. Now, I won't.
I know you guys don't care about that, so on to Miss Sassy Pants. We were leaving Saturday morning and she handed me Paco. I asked her why she was giving him to me (if you want to bring Paco, you carry him, kid), without a pause, she said, "because I love you, Mommy. I love you too, Daddy." Melt. My. Heart.
We had a great surprise for her Saturday afternoon – a playdate with the BFF's, then dinner with Hank. It was a big Saturday. As you can see, she and Ellie have started a band.



Trying her hand at the accordion. My Great Uncle Eddie was a master accordionist. It's in the blood I suppose. We also realized that music and dance seem to be what she gravitates too.
This was adorable - they all sat around, ate their ice cream and chatted. Like they were catching up on old times.
Before we left OKC last week, we introduced Nora to a cookie pie. It's magical, folks. The warm goodness of fresh baked cookies, with ice cream and chocolate syrup. She was a fan.
I promise to be on time next week.







Congrats on your "new" job! It is amazing when things just line up and work out! Less time in the car for you! Yay!!!
ReplyDelete