When the imaginary friend is a jerk

Let's talk about Lala folks. Lala is our imaginary friend. We also have "Michael" as an imaginary friend - we've just met him. Lala, though. Guys. She's bad news. She puts Nora in time out and tells her that she's bad and that she can't do things. It's really bizarre. Like, Nora gets really bent out of shape over the things Lala tells her. I feel like this is a great learning lesson for standing up to people who are telling us things we don't agree with. I'd love any insight from folks who've dealt with a bad influence imaginary friend. 

My first week working from home was great!!! I think I'm going to love it!! I had lots of calls and video conferences, so I wasn't able to work from other places, but I had a house full of clean laundry by Tuesday afternoon, so that's a win!! Fergie didn't leave my side and I was able to take her on several mid-day walks. She loved it.
Our little ballerina. She loves it so much. Mommy's still perfecting the ballet bun.
It's so professional, the Nashville Ballet. I can't remember if I've mentioned how they do class. But her teacher, Miss Yeary, comes out and announces the class. All the little girls come forward, hold hands and go back to class. It's amazing how cooperative they all are. 
And alas. Game day. Man, how Saturdays in the Fall have changed. There was a day when I could tell you the starting lineup, the point spread and I knew the schedule for not only Auburn, but half of the conference. I went to the majority of games (at home or away). These days, I have to look and make sure we even have a game and I only know the name of our quarterback, and that's only because he's a hotty. I haven't been to a game in 8 years. Instead, I'm learning the names of the Strawberry Shortcake's and making sure they all have shoes. We're still working on her and watching football, but she's started requesting the "War Eagle" song at bedtime - to which Daddy leaves the room. I proceed to serenade her with the Auburn fight song. Baby steps, guys.



Comments

Popular Posts