Traditions

Have you ever thought about it? I had the question posed to me multiple times this week - what traditions do you have with your family? I mean, there are a lot I WANT to have, but few that actually get executed and even fewer that I remember after the initial idea or thought. What traditions do you have from your childhood? Harder than you think, right? I remember waking up WAY before sunrise with my brother - we checked out our loot then made a really half-hearted attempt at going back to bed. There are multiple occasions where we were up, opened gifts and had breakfast before the sun came up. I remember being taken to the Nutcracker. And there was lots of traveling. Half of my family lived in Texas, so on various occasions, we traveled to Vegas or Houston or San Antonio. I, obviously, didn't give much thought to them at the time, but they're definitely well-engrained memories now. 

With that, what memories and traditions are we carrying on with Nora or starting of our own? 

She's coming up on the big five and with that comes that ability to remember. What are your earliest memories? Mine are around that 4.5/5 year range. So, I feel the pressure to be even more intentional about our "things." I had grand plans for the week, unfortunately, Nora came down with some ferocious bug that had her out of school Wednesday (missing her Christmas party) and Thursday. I had already taken off Thursday and Friday for us to go play, but she felt so terrible, that didn't happen. 

Even though she missed the Christmas party - we did make Christmas Tree Rice Krispie treats. 
We got a few errands and tasks taken care of on Friday - trip downtown; making salt dough ornaments
Saturday morning we left for Alabama to visit Paw Paw and Gan Gan. It was a great trip down to Prattville (and warm). We visited the lake and picked oranges. Nora had a grand time.
We high tailed it out of Prattville so we'd have a little time to rest before we made our way to TPAC for The Nutcracker with Aunt Liz. The fun was in getting dressed up. She even asked her Daddy who was prettier:)
 The illegal photo she insisted on taking...

Comments

Popular Posts