Is it too early for bed?

Wrapping up our trip to Alabama, with not even a 36 hour break, before hitting the road again. Before leaving Alabama, she helped Gan Gan make breakfast (chief egg cracker) and a day trip to Auburn. It was magic. 
A few months ago, Grandma asked if she could take Nora to Baltimore to visit cousins, Auntie and Uncle... without us. Yeah, a big question. It had nothing to do with trust, it had to do with how would she be when we weren't around. And completely inaccessible. We ultimately said, "yes." But the closer we got to the July 3, the more anxious I got. What if something happens? To her, to us? I tell her "I'll see her in a few days," but, what if something happens and she never sees us again or we never see her again. I cried like a baby when we dropped her off. Despite this first picture which was them landing in Baltimore well past her bedtime - she had a blast. And reports back are that she did great! 
They enjoyed the 4th at Mount Vernon. 
 Pool Day followed by dinner at Medieval Times. 

 That's a nap... I mean, a wrap. 
We got home in time to get to church for the first week of At the Movies. Our campus theme was Willy Wonka. I present Augustus Gloop and Violet Beuragard.
We're all happy to be home and under one roof. We're exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep. 

Comments

Popular Posts