If we can survive this...
We can survive anything. Well, if this is any indication of the teenage years, we're in real trouble. Several people bore witness to the I'm-exhuasted-beyond-meaure Nora that starts creeping out about 3pm on days she doesn't get a nap over the weekend and I'm sure they can attest. This child, physically, was not ready to lose her daily nap. EVERY SINGLE DAY since we started kindergarten has been a struggle. You can't reason with her, she won't listen, she talks back, she's a complete crazy pant just trying to keep herself going. It's hard. You want to smack her into next week - but what good will that do? Right? Whatever, man. We forge ahead.
If you know myself or Farmer, you know we're moving into our favorite time of year. It's fall and that means football, late Saturday nights and debates over who gets the big TV for their game. I've been, what I like to call docile, regarding the loyalties of Nora. I've sat back and gone with the flow. Well, that was cute and all, but those were the days. She's old enough to remember and to learn. I may or may not have spent quality time over the summer getting a collection of Auburn gear for her for fall. Pom-poms, bows, shirts, cheer uniforms... the basics. She's ready. I don't feel it's my responsibility to assure she has clothes for MTSU. That's Daddy's responsibility. That's all I have to say about that. With that. Daddy took care of a bucket list item over the weekend and visited the Big House to watch MTSU take on Michigan. I, on the other hand, took advantage and continued brain-washing the child. Secretly humming the fight song, pointing out how pretty orange and blue were, putting the Auburn band on Alexa...you know, the little things.
All kidding aside, this was her READING her Scholastic flyer, typing in the code and adding it to her shopping cart... WHAT??? So grown up.
Testing out the Jump's! #notready
If you know myself or Farmer, you know we're moving into our favorite time of year. It's fall and that means football, late Saturday nights and debates over who gets the big TV for their game. I've been, what I like to call docile, regarding the loyalties of Nora. I've sat back and gone with the flow. Well, that was cute and all, but those were the days. She's old enough to remember and to learn. I may or may not have spent quality time over the summer getting a collection of Auburn gear for her for fall. Pom-poms, bows, shirts, cheer uniforms... the basics. She's ready. I don't feel it's my responsibility to assure she has clothes for MTSU. That's Daddy's responsibility. That's all I have to say about that. With that. Daddy took care of a bucket list item over the weekend and visited the Big House to watch MTSU take on Michigan. I, on the other hand, took advantage and continued brain-washing the child. Secretly humming the fight song, pointing out how pretty orange and blue were, putting the Auburn band on Alexa...you know, the little things.
All kidding aside, this was her READING her Scholastic flyer, typing in the code and adding it to her shopping cart... WHAT??? So grown up.
Testing out the Jump's! #notready




Comments
Post a Comment