No words
As if our world needed to take yet another turn for the worse... It did. My heart aches and my stomach hurts for my minority friends. All of them. I want to hug them and tell them I'm going to fix our society and culture. But I can't. I don't want to sit silent - but how is my voice different than all the rest? What can I do? What can we do?
We, as parents, have the biggest responsibility and strength. We are raising the next generation. We are teaching them our ways and guiding them down a path. What path have you taught your child to take? From the moment we became pregnant I vowed to "not raise an a**hole." And I still believe that.
I ask again, what can I do? I can be a good parent. I can educate her on where our past was and where we are now. I can teach her to stand up for what is right and wrong. I can teach her to not stand silent... to rise up and support friends who need help. I can allow her to make choices and I can support her and believe in her. I can push her to accept all walks of life. I can teach her to bring joy and happiness. Above all else, I can teach her to accept those that are different from her, those that look different, talk different, dress different, believe different. I can teach her to treat everyone as equal (even if boys have cooties). I can teach her that the color of your skin or where you were born or what faith you believe in does not make you less than her. I can teach her that being different is what makes this world beautiful - the things we can learn from one another... Be brave in adversity. Be strong in your beliefs. Be resilient in fighting for those who need help fighting for a greater good.
I challenge each of you to really think about "what can I do?"
With that, a little about our week. We starting getting out last weekend - which led to Nora's first sleepover at a friend's house!!!! BFF below!
Exploring another state park!
Radnor Lake {heart eyes}
Nora took this picture so we would remember the rules.
Photo by Nora. She's got a good eye, guys. I'm telling you. I did a small edit just to brighten it up, but she composed the shot.
She got this one too... what's real and what's a reflection?? Also, do you see the turtle?
All her again.
Creepy lagoony thing. All Harry Potter like.
We think this is a grey heron. He was just hanging out.
Mama goose on her eggs.
Blue heron.
Nora with a deer.
Photos by Nora.
Here's to a better week. Hug someone... if you can.


Comments
Post a Comment