I'm Tired - Part II

As you can imagine... since I missed an entire week - I'm just tired. My brain is tired, my body is tired. Alas, in the spirit of November and the holidays (and knowing a break is coming) - I suppose I'm attempting to push through it and just be thankful for everything we have. We're healthy, we have clothes and we have a roof. We want for nothing. We have friends and we have family (although we wish we could see them more).

That should do it in the complaining department, eh? 

Let's start with school. 1st grade is no joke, ya'll - on top of the normal school work and homework - for November they were offered additional tasks to conquer in order to earn feathers for their headdresses. Everything from tying their shoes, spelling the months of the year, reciting Psalm 100 (look it up!!!!!)... Eleven things... If she got ten feathers - she would become a princess... {pause for dramatic effect and a long sigh}. On the last day, at the eleventh hour... she did it!! Not only did she get ten... she got all eleven!! I can't tell you how exhausted and proud and relieved I was all at the same time. 
Let's back up two weeks... to a much-needed girls night. That's right - a bunch of old ladies had a spend the night party. And it was magical. Still didn't sleep later than 6am - but the view was breathtaking the company was uplifting. 

Fast forward back to the present - Nora needed a break; we needed a break. So, off to Sissy's house - when she's coming home? Don't know. She's not ready. What she is ready for is Christmas and even more than that... decorating our house! According to her plan, we may have a full-on Christmas miracle Thanksgiving night!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday - however it may look for you this year. Stay safe and love each other.

Comments

Popular Posts