Happy Father's Day to our big guy!

Another busy week for us!!! We did a week of volleyball camp and we started tennis lessons. I know it seems like a lot and that I'm being that psychotic Momma who throws her kid into every activity and has no life because she's carting her kid everywhere. I assure you I'm and we're not. We have one-week commitments... at her school... with varsity sports. She does nothing during the year outside of school except some after-school activities at her school.
Not that we have to defend our decisions to anyone, but I'll put it out here the way I explained it to Nora. "In two years, I don't see you doing 15 extracurricular activities. Mommy and Daddy are very fortunate that we can expose you to lots of activities for you to choose from... or not. But it's my job to give you the chance." She understood.

What I love about our little experiment is that going into summer Nora would have, hands down, told you her favorite thing was cheer. She's not competitive, we have her in tumbling and she does some after-school cheer things. There's no team she cheers for... she just enjoys it. On Friday this week, after a week of cheer camp, a week of volleyball camp and her first tennis lesson... I asked her, "Nora, if you had to choose between volleyball and cheer, what would you choose?" She thought for a moment... "volleyball!" "Well, if you had to choose between volleyball and tennis, what would you choose?" Instantly, "tennis!" 
Let me tell you about tennis. Her great Aunt Nora (her namesake) was a tennis player. I remember growing up and always knowing her to play tennis. She had a college scholarship to play tennis. My Uncle Terry and Dad both, when Nora was very young, told me, "get a racket in her hand as soon as you can... just to see... we have to see... what if?" Turns out, she loved it!! And isn't terrible - she's got decent eye/hand coordination. We'll see.
She goes to church camp this week (just a day camp, not overnight) - so I expect her to be nice and exhausted each night. 

Alas, we celebrated our big day today... by leaving him alone:) Nora and I went shopping while he stayed inside in the AC and watched golf. I call it a successful Father's Day.
Oh yeah... I've been promising her all year that I would let her color her hair this summer... it's not outrageous, you can hardly tell, honestly... be we totally put some pink dye in this weekend. She thinks she's hot stuff. 

Comments

Popular Posts