It's hard to face the music
Really, really trying to get these up on Sunday nights again (consistency is key - thanks for the v. relevant message Craig Groeschel). But, ya know what... we had a great weekend... all the way to 9pm last night. I actually got some photos this week - so, yay me!
It's a rough time right now - or at least that's my perspective. My job is incredibly busy and stressful. I have a ton of freelance work. Nora is busy with school. Farmer is busy with work. It makes tensions high. Something I'm very much aware of and despite the outward appearance, I really am trying. I apologize more than I would like, but from my vantage point - I'm in survival mode - just trying to make it to the next day.
The mom-doubt, spouse-doubt, coworker-doubt - it's all very real. I'm really doing some solid work on focus and family and friends. Trying to nurture those relationships - the ones that seem to have drifted. It's a work in progress. Looking deep inside yourself and your tendencies is hard. But, you can't expect to be better without work.
Alas, our week.
When you find new Instagram filters.
Grandma gifted us The Lion King tickets. It was AMAZING!!! Despite the power nap.
Kids got some solid pinball skills. We checked out Game Terminal for a Nashville Soccer event. It's been decided. We need a pinball machine and a Pac Man machine.
My trusty assistant helped put her new bed together. Aside from a new ceiling fan and new art to arrive - her big girl room is all set.
Last but not least... we officially have a braces wearer in the house.
One last thing... She's in the middle of a study on Alaska. Parents were tasked with collecting milk jugs to build igloos. It was one of those things you knew you were going to have to do. Who knew they were getting the Taj Mahal. They use the igloos as reading nooks.


Comments
Post a Comment