the next chapter
The life of day care begins.
Considering how bad it could have been, I handled her first day at day care pretty well. I have no doubt I'm doing the right thing, but after spending 11 weeks with her, it was hard to pass the torch. She, on the other hand, did great! Some pictures of her first day:
By Wednesday, she was feeling right at home (a picture Miss Pat sent below)... what a ham? She's on a good schedule during the day and sleeping around 8 hours at night (hooray!!!!).
Bath time has become way more pleasant. So much so, we can actually have a little fun.
As you can see, chick doesn't haven't a problem completely relaxing!
This photo is more a "thinking of you" photo. The lady in this picture is Charolette Kelley. I have known her the majority of my life and she has, hands down, the biggest heart of anyone I know. Nora had the great pleasure of meeting her while we were in Clanton a couple weeks ago. 3 days after this photo was taken Char had a heart attack where they found several blockages (don't know the exact number, it was said there were as many as 5). She has had major heart surgery since and is still in ICU recovering. This photo is for her! We love Aunt Char!
More random pictures from the week. She's been practicing really hard at holding her head all on her own, so I was a picture taking fool... naturally.
More milestones:
• She really is starting to grasp the concept of pain. We feel so bad. She's holding her head up... mostly on her own, but sometimes she losses control and her head will bump our chin or cheek or something. It's about a 2 second delay, then queue the ultimate meltdown. You'd think someone chopped her finger off.
• I'm obsessed with the rolling over. She gets so stinking close but gets stuck on her side. So close. So close.
• Only took her 2 days to get back on her sleep schedule. In bed at 9:15. Wakes up anytime after 5. That's nearly 8 hours.... AND THAT we can work with!
We love this chick!








It is so hard to leave a baby. I did it with Kari, and I left her with her daddy to boot, and it was still hard! But glad you found someone that works for you. Also, I love her thoughtful picture (the collage, second from the top, left side) :)
ReplyDelete