Smarty pants.
"Keep a journal about her. Give it to her when she's eighteen." A piece of advice I read in a book that my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Ada Robinson, gave me. I hope Nora is okay with what I've been doing for the past fifteen months.

Another piece of advice I read, "When she's about seven years old, she'll start noticing what people have. Teach her to pay more attention to what people are." The bigger piece of advice is reminding myself of that exact concept when I see her with other kids her age. {sigh} Welcome to parenthood, right?
She had her 15-month wellness visit this week. Had to have shots = no fun. She's not doing too bad developmentally. She's a whopping 20lbs, 11 ozs (41st percentile) and 31-3/4 inches long (84th percentile). She's tall and skinny, but she's been growing at nearly this exact rate since she was born, so no worries there. She's a little late in her walking, but she was a late crawler too. She's making noises, but were not sure if any technical "words" have come out. It's considered a word when she directs the word towards the object (she looks at me and says, "momma"). She's been saying "momma" and "dad" for a while, but not really looking at us when she says it. He said if she gets to 18 months and we haven't progressed then we'll talk, but nothing to be concerned about now. The one thing she is a little advanced on is she's smarter than the average 15-month old. Psychological teaching that we shouldn't have to worry about for a few more months - yeah, she's already playing us like a fiddle. #stinker.
Our friends, Traver and Devon got married this weekend. The highlight for Nora was getting to have some yummy Taylor Cakes (Taylor is also a friend with a cake business). Her cakes are no joke, folks. No. Joke.

I knew I wanted to get some baking done this weekend, but since she wants to be where I am, it can prove to be challenging with a tiny tike at your feet. "Just give her a wooden spoon and some Tupperware," my mother says. "She'll be happy as lark," she says. Yeah. Uh-huh. That child, takes off into the living room wielding the wooden spoon, beating the sh*t out of everything in sight. She was happy alright, mom. She finally decided that playing in Ferg's water bowl would be okay too. This child. Bless us all.


Another piece of advice I read, "When she's about seven years old, she'll start noticing what people have. Teach her to pay more attention to what people are." The bigger piece of advice is reminding myself of that exact concept when I see her with other kids her age. {sigh} Welcome to parenthood, right?
She had her 15-month wellness visit this week. Had to have shots = no fun. She's not doing too bad developmentally. She's a whopping 20lbs, 11 ozs (41st percentile) and 31-3/4 inches long (84th percentile). She's tall and skinny, but she's been growing at nearly this exact rate since she was born, so no worries there. She's a little late in her walking, but she was a late crawler too. She's making noises, but were not sure if any technical "words" have come out. It's considered a word when she directs the word towards the object (she looks at me and says, "momma"). She's been saying "momma" and "dad" for a while, but not really looking at us when she says it. He said if she gets to 18 months and we haven't progressed then we'll talk, but nothing to be concerned about now. The one thing she is a little advanced on is she's smarter than the average 15-month old. Psychological teaching that we shouldn't have to worry about for a few more months - yeah, she's already playing us like a fiddle. #stinker.
Our friends, Traver and Devon got married this weekend. The highlight for Nora was getting to have some yummy Taylor Cakes (Taylor is also a friend with a cake business). Her cakes are no joke, folks. No. Joke.

I knew I wanted to get some baking done this weekend, but since she wants to be where I am, it can prove to be challenging with a tiny tike at your feet. "Just give her a wooden spoon and some Tupperware," my mother says. "She'll be happy as lark," she says. Yeah. Uh-huh. That child, takes off into the living room wielding the wooden spoon, beating the sh*t out of everything in sight. She was happy alright, mom. She finally decided that playing in Ferg's water bowl would be okay too. This child. Bless us all.

And finally, our girl LOVES her books. She drags them off the shelves, does this little shimmy thing with her shoulds and brings them to us to read (melt my heart). She's particularly fond of this box set. I bet we read the collection at least twice a day. #talkreadsing





Welcome to the world of parent hood! Everything takes 8,000 times longer, but for some reason, we find it adorable :)
ReplyDeleteI plop Gage on the counter next to me while I do any cooking. I did the same with Elizabeth when she was little. It's such a great bonding time, plus you never know what new food they may try!
ReplyDeleteNora is so precious! I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen you guys!