a different approach

As a way to not sound so exhausted with our blooming angel, I decided to write each day. Hopefully, I'll be able to highlight more fun/funny things and less exhausting things. 

Monday's are always an adventure. Another change of routine, as she doesn't get weekends and tomorrow's and next weeks just yet. Turns out, she didn't want to go to her room to get dressed for school, because there were monsters in her closet. So, Mommy the Monster Hunter was called up for duty. We "got 'em" out and told them they couldn't have a party in the closet. She thought that was hysterical. We get in the car and she's insistent there is a dragon in the yard next door. So I asked her if Mr. Dragon wanted to come to school - she said "yes." So, what else do we do? We load him up, put on his seatbelt, give him a blanket, a stuffed animal, a hug and a kiss. Then we were allowed to leave. It's 6:45am and I'm already exhausted. Oy.


This is one of her teachers, Ms. Jasmine. She LOVES Ms. Jasmine. She talks about her on the weekends, at night and Ms. Jasmine loves her. 

This is another of her teachers, Ms. Tammi.
Playing with friends. 
Back at home, she loves to tell us what to do. "Mommy, Daddy, be quiet." "Stop talking." You know, the usual. 

She's not great at bedtime. We tried counting down, letting her know what we'll be doing, nothing. She fights going to bed, like screams. Once we get that over with, she plays with the lights, gets out bed, tells us "no." We're at a loss, as to how to make bedtime a bit more peaceful. 


So, that idea lasted ONE DAY! It's now Sunday and I'm cramming to think of all the great things of the week.

We got our family pictures back - GASP! They are fantastic!
We get to get on the big airplane this week and visit our family in Houston - pray it's smoother than our last flight a year ago. Oy.

Her funny of the month... I took a different approach with her on Thursday. By telling, "mommy is the boss." It got her attention for two whole days. Yesterday, I play the "mommy is boss" card and she looks me straight in the face and tells me that, "no, in fact Nora is the boss." In third person. Nora for the win.

Oh come she can't stay this focused at home?
 This is her friend Eva. Eva just started a few weeks ago. Apparently, when she walked in the room, Nora ran up to her and said, "hey, you have a bow." Then ran to the mirror to confirm she, also, had a bow. When she did, she turned to tell Eva that "I have a bow too." The rest is history. Eva is now apart of the tribe. 
 This is Elle.
 Drawing time. 
Jesus and Donuts. She loves the "church ladies" and the donuts. 

Comments

Popular Posts