Kids say the darndest things

While sitting at dinner Tuesday night, we have no idea what she was talking about or who she was talking to, but we hear, "oh my goodness, what in the world????" #completelylostit.

An update on Mr. Dragon. He's her imaginary friend, although he's not necessarily a nice dragon. As of late, he is red, with brown eyes, brown hands and brown feet. It is necessary that he rides with us to school in the mornings, therefore we must "get him" before we leave. He must also wear a seatbelt and have a blanket and a toy. A fit is pitched if all of these requirements aren't met. 


More pictures from our photo shoot!! I got our photo book ordered and our Christmas cards are going to print next week - I'm happy, in case you missed that.

I really loved this backdrop, unfortunately, we didn't get the magical shot I was hoping for. Still good, though.
Wednesday was her Thanksgiving Feast. Picky little eater "feasted" on bread, blueberries, strawberries and cupcakes. 
Thursday morning, Nora Farmer and Mommy embarked on a grand adventure. We boarded a plane to visit Sissy and family in Houston. Daddy went to Chicago for a boys weekend. I was a nervous wreck - as you can imagine if you remember my last flight with Nora - the one where she screamed for 45 minutes. I had read and planned so that everything would be great. We had an activity for every 15 minutes of the flight. She did great!
She loves kitties - thank goodness my mom has two! 
She didn't make it long after playing with her cousin, Jack. But first, a site none of us thought we would ever see - Sissy and GaJe as grandmothers.
 We found a Target and a guitar that needed tuning.
 Sitting in Mommy's old desk. I may or may not still fit.
 Helping Aunt Linda feed the kitties.
 It's E.T.
Four generations strong (five if you count baby).
 She loves her Sissy.
 Hunting pinecones with Aunt Linda.
Visiting with Uncle Bill is always a good time.
We had a fantastic trip (until our trip home yesterday). LONG LONG story short, we missed our 8am flight home (I'm not convinced it was my fault), but the next available flight was at 8:35PM last night. I, literally, made myself sick all day thinking about what the night would be like. It wasn't picture perfect. But we finally got in our beds at midnight. We're both running on fumes, but we made it. This is how we passed time once we got to the gate.

Things Mommy learned after traveling in the sky as a single parent with a two-and-a-half-year-old:
1 - You can only plan for so many things. And be prepared for something to go wrong that's completely out of your control.
2 - Approaching obstacles with a hair of positivity, just might be enough.
3 - Your adorable child is far better when she's only battling for one parent's attention.
4 - She's still a picky eater, no matter what everyone else is having.
5 - Family is priceless and every day I get to spend with them brings a new joy and happiness to my life.

All in all, I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and were able to share it with those they love most.

Comments

Popular Posts