Same thing, different week.
Starting writing this on Tuesday this week, so I wouldn't forget anything. {Added on Sunday} Now I'm trying to go back and remember everything since Tuesday. Bless my brain.
Slowly making headway on potty training. She gets it, we get it, we've just got to get on all cylinders. Successful day today - in the potty before school, in the potty before bath (with a dry pull-up). This weekend, I plan to let her go pull-up free... EEECKKK. {Added on Sunday} yeah, that didn't happen.
Tuesday night Farmer went to watch the Cubbies with a friend. Nora asked where he was. I told her what he was doing and asked her what do we say? She replied, "Go Cubs Go!" Ha! Apparently, after the clinch on Wednesday, Thursday she ran around school yelling, "Go Cubs Go!" #futurecubbie

I can't remember what she wanted, but it was something that she really didn't need, so Farmer said, "no." She has a complete meltdown and comes running to me. When I ask her why she was upset? She replies, "Because Daddy said 'no!'" Oh boy.
We have meltdowns I would estimate, at least, 25 times a day. It could be over something big, but no. It's over the really big, like, not being able to watch cartoons at 4:45am (because that's what time she was awake on Sunday). Or because I wouldn't buy her M&Ms in the checkout line - ya know, the important things.
And if I hear, "mommy, what happened?" one more time, I'm going to lose my mind.
I forgot we had Halloween this week. Last weekend was such a blur, I was literally Glue Gun Glenda at 8pm Sunday night. Behold, Nora, the black cat. We opted out of trick-or-treating due to her latest run of imagination and seeing dragons and monsters. We didn't think it would be smart to subject her to weirdos wearing scary masks and then having to explain it to her. So, we made a stop by my office on the way home from school, so she could TOT there. #success
We also had her wellness check up on Monday. She's such a tiny girl. 25th percentile for weight - 26.2 pounds. Somewhere in the 60-70th percentile for height (36.5 inches) 5th percentile for her BMI - 13%. They said she's doing great. Tubes are almost ready to fall out - which would explain why she's been tugging at her ears. It probably tickles.





In case you've been living under a rock the past few days, our Cubbies won the World Series, for the first time in 108 years. Yeah, it's been a minute. I made a little something for Pops grave, Nora rocked her Cubbies shirt to school and I was completely worthless on Thursday and Friday. Go Cubs Go!!




Slowly making headway on potty training. She gets it, we get it, we've just got to get on all cylinders. Successful day today - in the potty before school, in the potty before bath (with a dry pull-up). This weekend, I plan to let her go pull-up free... EEECKKK. {Added on Sunday} yeah, that didn't happen.
Tuesday night Farmer went to watch the Cubbies with a friend. Nora asked where he was. I told her what he was doing and asked her what do we say? She replied, "Go Cubs Go!" Ha! Apparently, after the clinch on Wednesday, Thursday she ran around school yelling, "Go Cubs Go!" #futurecubbie

I can't remember what she wanted, but it was something that she really didn't need, so Farmer said, "no." She has a complete meltdown and comes running to me. When I ask her why she was upset? She replies, "Because Daddy said 'no!'" Oh boy.
We have meltdowns I would estimate, at least, 25 times a day. It could be over something big, but no. It's over the really big, like, not being able to watch cartoons at 4:45am (because that's what time she was awake on Sunday). Or because I wouldn't buy her M&Ms in the checkout line - ya know, the important things.
And if I hear, "mommy, what happened?" one more time, I'm going to lose my mind.
I forgot we had Halloween this week. Last weekend was such a blur, I was literally Glue Gun Glenda at 8pm Sunday night. Behold, Nora, the black cat. We opted out of trick-or-treating due to her latest run of imagination and seeing dragons and monsters. We didn't think it would be smart to subject her to weirdos wearing scary masks and then having to explain it to her. So, we made a stop by my office on the way home from school, so she could TOT there. #success
We also had her wellness check up on Monday. She's such a tiny girl. 25th percentile for weight - 26.2 pounds. Somewhere in the 60-70th percentile for height (36.5 inches) 5th percentile for her BMI - 13%. They said she's doing great. Tubes are almost ready to fall out - which would explain why she's been tugging at her ears. It probably tickles.





In case you've been living under a rock the past few days, our Cubbies won the World Series, for the first time in 108 years. Yeah, it's been a minute. I made a little something for Pops grave, Nora rocked her Cubbies shirt to school and I was completely worthless on Thursday and Friday. Go Cubs Go!!




The weeks are good, seriously, but I question my sanity by the minute. She's adorable, but she's a little too smart for her own good.
Selfie for the girls in OKC!
We had friends over Friday night. It was magical. The adults sat at the big table and had a nice conversation, the girls sat at the smaller table and had their own conversation. IT was fantastic!
We also did a little painting on Saturday. It's a nice INDOOR alternative to bubbles. Especially as the days are cooling off. And yes, those are boxes in the background that still haven't been unpacked! Don't judge.









Comments
Post a Comment