Changes are coming.

"I suppose whenever you go through periods of transition, or in a way, it's a very definite closing of a certain chapter of your life - I suppose those times are always going to be both very upsetting and also very exciting by the very nature because things are changing and you don't know what's going to happen." -Daniel Radcliffe

Quotes of the week: 

"Mommy-Daddy, I pooped a pancake." 
Context: Less than solid poop, into a training potty with no water... pooped like a pancake. Makes perfect sense to me.

"OH, crap!"
Context: When she spilled her bubbles.

--

Update from last week: We're a go for PreK 3. I had a call with her new school on Monday. I groveled like a little girl, but, hey, you do what you've gotta do, right? 


A week from Tuesday is the big move. Her new "pack-pack" will be here this week... new student cookout on Saturday... Parent-Teacher conferences are Monday. Is this really happening? 

With so much going on - in all aspects of life, it's always so hard to stop and savor the moment. No matter how much we remind ourselves to slow down, enjoy the little moments... we get wrapped up in schedules and routine and we slowly lose sight on what truly makes life special.

Nora came to work with me Friday morning. As I sat in my office and listened as she mingled around with my co-workers, I had the thought, "I can't believe she's old enough to know their names and walk around and talk with them." She's growing and changing and I love her more today than I did yesterday. I love her 5 am wake-up calls and when she crawls into bed and starts rubbing my hair and I can hear her kissing my head. I'll take the exhaustion and the yawns and the long days - to have her love me half as much as I love her.

She had a luau at school on Thursday to celebrate the last day of the year. Technically, tomorrow, she moves up to a new class. I hate the back to back transition, but they're really helping us out otherwise we'd be in a pickle this week. 
We had brunch with Uncle G and Aunt Wiz on Sunday. Here she's demonstrating her "g'nastics." 
 And here, Aunt Wiz needed help eating, so Nora was there to help.

Comments

Popular Posts