Two steps forward, one step back

Full disclosure: We realize Nora is perfectly normal. She's no different than most all kids her age. Lucky you... you get the unfiltered, in the moment response to her shenanigans. And shenanigans they are. 

In no particular order:

• Her best friend is herself - This was her proclamation one morning after I was asking her a simple yes or no question and she ignored me. Obviously, it upset me, which upset her. After about 10 minutes of silence, we start chatting about friends at school and I ask her who her best friend was? She replied, "myself." Because her friends at school don't follow her and they ignore her. Clever, kid. Very clever. I see what you did there.

• Her teacher is always mad at her - A different morning, as we're attempting to walk out the door. She stops moving and just stares. I wasn't giving in. So, I propped up on the counter and began waiting it out. She eventually tells me she doesn't want to go to school. When I ask her why, she tells me that her teacher is always mad at her and putting her in timeout. When I asked why she was always in time out, she told me because her teacher always asks her to do things and she doesn't do them. Really, kid? it's taken you how long to grasp this concept? In my mind, "score!!!! yes, yes, yes." She's gotten her feelings hurt - no we can make progress. I told one of the teacher assistants about it when I dropped off Nora and she said that she's a strong-willed child AND she's smart - which is a tough code to break. Our thoughts have been confirmed. 

• She informed us today, that for Christmas she would like us to get rid of Ferg and get a cat. 

• Friday night entertainment. 

• She went to work with Daddy yesterday, which was a fun time. He takes biscuits to his crews every other Saturday, so she was excited to help make those deliveries, then she shopped with Mommy and Sissy. We're all pooped! And also, she said she was FINALLY a queen, after the assembly of this ensemble.
 Going through party decorations. Obviously, we need all the leis.





Comments

Popular Posts