Way overdue VACATION!

It's one thing to get away for a weekend, it's a whole other to sign off for over a week. While I dread the catch up that will be 7am tomorrow morning - it was all worth it. We spent a week in Destin then stopped through Clanton for the Peach Festival. I think we're all a bit tired of one another, we're exhausted and need a vacation from the vacation... again... WORTH IT.
If you haven't been down I65 lately, it's a complete nightmare. Knowing that we like to roll out EARLY. Like, 3:30am early. We stopped three times and were there in 7 hours, 15 minutes. Done. I'll take it. However, when you get there before check-in, that means you have to stall, especially with a very excited 4-year-old.
What we learned:

1. Nora picked up really quickly that if we went to the beach she had to have a shower when we got home. By day two, she no longer wanted to go to the beach... because she didn't want to take a shower. Also, she wanted her picture made with palm trees.
2. A week in a house full of girls who not only think she's adorable and cute and precious, but they like to tell her everytime they see her... She told me at one point that she liked it when the "big kids" called her precious. We have some work to do post-vacation. I walked around the corner and this is what I found:
3. A 4-year-old who goes to bed at 10pm and wakes at 7am... she's not going to be cute and precious for long. She's going to crash hard. And sooo... we wait for it. 
4. Our friends have a lot of faith... Farmer and I were entrusted to walk all the kids to the beach and back. 
5. The kid might actually have a good eye... we visited Grayton Beer and she was bored, obviously
6. The coast. The ocean. The sea. Some people are mountain folks, some are water folks. I'm a water folk. I just love it. The sounds, the colors... it's my most favorite place to be.
Farmer took this one of a storm rolling into Seaside.

And some outtakes from the trip. 
 Her first daiquiri.
 Falling asleep at lunch.
We also made it over to Seaside for an evening... to visit our duck friend. Remember the last time she was there?
 She wanted her picture taken in front of the wall??
Next stop... Clanton. 
Visiting Aunt Char is always fun. She let us pick/eat blueberries.

 We helped PawPaw feed the animals...
Then off to the finale... The Peach Parade. Our expert candy snatchers, Caroline and Harper were there to show us the ropes. 
Mommy even got to see some of her friends:) All the feels.
Photo cred: Mary Clyde Huff
Photo cred: Leah Kelley

Comments

Popular Posts