Her social calendar is busier than ours

It was a busy week, guys. Visiting Santa, birthday parties, extracurricular stuff... I fell asleep before her last night.

We've had some issues with her being a big fat Debbie-downer in the afternoons. Everything is so negative. "Nobody plays with me," "I don't have any friends," "I didn't get a green dot..." the list goes on and on. I had a big talk with her. "Let's try to be positive," "let's talk about the good things," "everyone has a bad day, but every day isn't a bad day." Wednesday, Thursday and Friday she came home telling us that she "had the best day of her life!!!" And even this morning she said she was "going to have the best day of her life!!" I take that as the message was received. 

We did have a crazy busy weekend. Usual extracurriculars, Christmas parties, birthday parties. We're pooped. 

Breakfast with Santa:
She even helped make pancakes!
 Trying out the new photo op at church.
 Two birthday parties... back-to-back.
 I asked them what the "peace" signs meant... "I don't know!"
It was a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts