Summer Times
Overall lighter post this week.
We started swim lessons (again) this week. We've done them over the past years, but we don't have open access to a pool, so there was no consistency after the lessons - this summer, we're prepared. I'm not sure if she's just not coordinated, she hasn't made up her mind that she's ready to learn this or what - but Lordy. She is oddly tall and has these long legs she's trying to manage. Put it this way, if she could only swim as good as she believes she can - we'd have an olympian on our hands. I do suppose confidence is key.
Fireflies have made their appearance. I love this time of year - it reminds me of home. Nora wants to go out every night and see how many she can catch... it's A LOT in case you were wondering. I wish I could get a picture to show just how many there are - it's beautiful.
We decided that Friday evening was going to be a patio night - it felt great to get out (see below on why I really thought it was great) and just be outside {of our house} for a bit. She's gotten so mature. She orders for herself and uses great manners with servers - makes this Momma proud. So, yeah. Earlier in the week, I was really feeling crummy. I started running a random fever Sunday night. By Wednesday, it was still around and I was having some pretty major headaches. I went to urgent care (thinking it was strep or the flu) - they wouldn't touch me until I had a Covid test {joy}. So, yeah, Wednesday night I had to have a test. If you haven't had one - it SUCKS!!! It WAS negative and the fever finally went away Thursday evening. I was still fighting the headache yesterday - but today it was gone. I have no idea what was wrong - but yeah, I was freaking out for a bit there.



Comments
Post a Comment