Getting Ready for FFA

As you can imagine, when we found out we were expecting, my brain went full force into what-will-the-nursery-look-like mode! Several people have been asking about the nursery, so today I took some time to take some photos. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's quite the crafty nursery... there are a couple heirlooms, a few things we've had and repurposed and LOTS of made-by-mommy (TF) pieces. It was definitely a fun project and I was more than thrilled with how it came out. Farmer and I agree that Nora has the nicest room in the house.

There really was no inspiration for the room. I knew I wanted A) any and all things animals; B) gender neutral and C) a room she could grow in to. Also, a big shout out to Marge for coming to visit for a weekend and installing the bead board for us. She did an amazing job!

1) Wall art by TF: stained pellet wood with string art.
2) Mobile by TF: made from felted Christmas ornaments, rope and painted sticks from the back yard.
3) Drapes by TF4) Refinished glider by TF: Marge (AKA Gram) found the glider at a yard sale.
I striped, repainted and made new cushions and pillows. 
1) Vase to lamp by TF: vase given to me as a gift many years ago, found a new purpose as a lamp (thanks Marissa!)
2) Died tissue fish from Fiji. A gift from my Aunt Barbara.
3) Artwork by Nora's cousin Case
4) Photo of Farmer's dad, Michael Len Farmer (where we got Nora's middle name)
5) Tea cups that were given to me as a baby
6) Photo of my Aunt Nora (I think this is self explanatory)
7) Painting by an elephant from the Nashville Zoo.
 
Artwork by TF: Canvas covered in fabric and painted
Left: DIY wreath by TF
Right: Prints found on Etsy
Probably one of my favorite parts of Nora's nursery. Old crates turned bookshelves. There are several books that I had as a child, plus a lot of new one's that Nora received as gifts. The piggy was a piggy bank that Gram made me when she was awaiting my arrival - and yes, it has money in it - any cash you send Nora goes in it! We're debating when to empty it. I figure when it's full, then we'll let her decide what she would like to do with it.

Until next time.



Comments

Popular Posts