that's a sixer

The good, the bad and the ugly.
With week 6 in the books, I would love to write about how wonderfully glorious our life and times of tending to an infant is, but that would just be a fat lie. While I know we'll forget how difficult some days are, they are definitely worth documenting. Before I go any further, let me just say what a great baby she is... overall. We have rocky moments, but she truly is a joy to have!
We're trying to get out of the house as much as possible. Unfortunately it's been in the upper 90's and 100's all week, so getting out and about is just miserable. I think Nora is even bored with staying at home. I was cleared of all physical restrictions, so Nora has been on several runs this week. She sleeps through them, but I enjoy having her with me.
I also made a point to keep my camera out on the coffee table, so I could remember to take pictures and I could capture these constant "firsts." If there are any photos you see that you would like, just let me know, I have high resolution versions of all of them.
The good.
Little lady is smiling... constantly. It no longer classifies as gas, in our opinion. She doesn't know what she's doing, but she does it A LOT. Some of the MANY pictures I got of her smiling and laughing!



She's also become quite the grasper - to anything she can get her little hands on... clothes, blankets and hair.
She's staying awake a lot more during the day. While that's great and everything, I'm open to suggestions on what we can do all day. We have tummy time, go on walks, play on our play mat... I seriously think she's getting a case of cabin fever like her mom.
AND finally, her sleeping at night has gotten really great! We try to get her bed between 9:30 and 10. Which has her up between 1 and 2 to eat, then she's usually up anywhere between 4:30 and 6:30. The great thing is we get up at 5:45 anyway, so even the 4:30 awake time isn't so bad - it actually gives us a chance to beat the heat and get a jump on our morning run.

The bad.
She's become quite the cranky pants in the evenings. To the point where Farmer and I look at each other and just shrug our shoulders. Yes, very frustrating.


The ugly.
One night in particular was TERRIBLE. So terrible that I was ready to make arrangements to go back to work ASAP. While I'm completely with guilt for even thinking that way, even more so that I'm allowing myself to put it in writing for all to judge. Yes, it was all forgotten the next morning when I saw her little face, but I seriously had a major breakdown. Luckily, Farmer and I have a great support system and when one of gets frustrated, the other steps in to provide some relief.
![]() |
| This donkey was my moms. I thought it would be cool to get a picture of Nora with him/her. Obviously,she DID NOT approve and was not amused. |



My son was the worst at being fussy in the nights. He did eventually grow out of it... I am glad (according to your later posts) that she is doing better! It is so hard to feel so helpless and frustrated!
ReplyDelete