Meeting the northern brethren

*all pictures this week were taken on cell phones, so picture quality isn't great, in some cases.

Quite honestly, we don't even remember anything prior to Thursday. Still crawling and pulling up on anything that will support her. 

We left for Chicago Thursday evening. I was a nervous wreck. Our flight was right around bed time and I dreaded being the parent of the screaming kid on the plane. Queue flight delay (awesome). We finally boarded around 7:15pm, we had about 15 minutes of I'm-so-tired-but-I'm-gonna-fight-it-until-the-end, then she passed out, until we were at the gate in Chicago. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the runway at Midway – but she's a short one. Landings, every time, are bumpy and fast. I can't believe she slept through it. Anyway, we all survived. Going and coming back.

Friday we took her to her first Cubs game. It's been on Farmers wish list since we found out we were expected a little human. To take he/she to a Cubs game every year. So, here goes - year one. Quite honestly, we weren't expecting to make it through the first inning. Instead we made it to the fourth. She got in her first cab ride and a couple rides on the el. Oh and she helped me eat a sucker - what a sticky mess:)






Saturday we had a wedding where she got to meet her northern brethren. Great aunts, great uncles and great Grandpa's!! Second cousins and third cousins. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but she did fantastic and was a hit. 



Big week this week... big week!! I have LOTS of fun things to share next week!!

Comments

  1. Love the last picture! And that is a fabulous tradition. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts