Springtime, the only pretty ring time...


Welp. The countdown is on. In a hair over a week, we're going to have ourselves a one year old! I find myself, daily, reminiscing on year ago... I was miserable. I waddled. Getting out of a chair required a nap. {sigh}

Almost 365 days later, another milestone. I officially stopped pumping. While Nora hasn't physically nursed since July, I have pumped up to seven times a day since then. Waking up at 5am or earlier and pumping twice before bed. Pumping at least four times during the day while at work. I didn't realize what that commitment looked like until I didn't have it anymore. I got to sleep until seven this morning. It was amazing. While I am very thankful that Nora has only had formula twice in her little life and that I was able to produce for this long (I have over 100 bags in the freezer), there will be a ceremony to burn the pump:)

One more plug about mommy and daddy... A couple years ago we started a March for Babies team with a co-worker. We walked in honor of her daughter, Edith and in memory of Beckham. We decided to have a team again this year. See our page here.

Let's see. On to Nora.

We're working on walking.

Still chasing the vacuum cleaner. It's hysterical.

We're really working on her whole foods. Trying to adapt to the mantra that she eats what we eat. With that - she had sushi for the first time (avocado roll and edamame), at a restaurant, in a high chair. It was a big day!


Also working on our sippy cup skills. 

We head to Chicago this weekend to meet our Northern brethren!! We're way excited about seeing everyone, but a little ansx[; fa;oeiqhoawlv (sorry, Nora was helping). As I was saying, a little anxious about traveling with a mobile little person. I've decided jelly beans and ear plugs won't do it this time.... we're just going to buy folks drinks!

Finally made our way to the park. She loved swinging! Even gave the slide a go.

Comments

  1. Holy moly! I am totally amazed at your pumping commitment! Way to go mom!!! Good for you! And she is beautiful. As always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts