The new digs
We are officially homeowners... again. I failed to capture any decent photos, but I promise to do so next week:) I can tell you this... it was built in 1960, and was completely gutted, remodeled and added onto in 2012. What does this mean? It means Momma gets her old house with character, while Daddy gets his new home without the maintenance.
We spent the week getting our things moved out of the townhouse - meaning trips to the new house every day after work. The perk here is that that our hour and fifteen to two hour, at max, was forty minutes. That's forty minutes from the time Momma leaves her office, picks up the chica and gets home. This is amazing, guys. AMAZING!
Naturally, she was a bit apprehensive of things on Monday. But Tuesday morning I had a bin of her toys in the car. When we left for school that morning, she said, "MY TOYS!!" I told her, "it is your toys. We're taking them to our new house! Remember where we went yesterday? We're going back today!" I could see the cogs turning. Friday night was our first night in the new house and she did great, but Saturday night she kept saying she was tired and wanted to go home... I felt bad. Oh, transitions.
If you pay attention to my Facebook posts you noticed my major concern for Nora's character judgement. Her two BFF's at school.... UT girls. Unacceptable Miss Farmer, unacceptable.
As you can imagine, we had jam packed weekend. Moving and unpacking, moving and unpacking. Visitors and more unpacking. Had a first gathering Saturday evening to watch some football. And had a nice afternoon today with family from Chicago and Grandma. Went for a long walk, played on the playground, rounded off with pizza:)
I don't even have a caption for this picture.
Pretty girl
Focus.
PE class. She's the little joiner right next to the teacher.
What can you see that's wrong with this picture?
I don't know if this was before or after the Spider Man reenactment.
We spent the week getting our things moved out of the townhouse - meaning trips to the new house every day after work. The perk here is that that our hour and fifteen to two hour, at max, was forty minutes. That's forty minutes from the time Momma leaves her office, picks up the chica and gets home. This is amazing, guys. AMAZING!
Naturally, she was a bit apprehensive of things on Monday. But Tuesday morning I had a bin of her toys in the car. When we left for school that morning, she said, "MY TOYS!!" I told her, "it is your toys. We're taking them to our new house! Remember where we went yesterday? We're going back today!" I could see the cogs turning. Friday night was our first night in the new house and she did great, but Saturday night she kept saying she was tired and wanted to go home... I felt bad. Oh, transitions.
If you pay attention to my Facebook posts you noticed my major concern for Nora's character judgement. Her two BFF's at school.... UT girls. Unacceptable Miss Farmer, unacceptable.
As you can imagine, we had jam packed weekend. Moving and unpacking, moving and unpacking. Visitors and more unpacking. Had a first gathering Saturday evening to watch some football. And had a nice afternoon today with family from Chicago and Grandma. Went for a long walk, played on the playground, rounded off with pizza:)
I don't even have a caption for this picture.
Pretty girl
Focus.
PE class. She's the little joiner right next to the teacher.
What can you see that's wrong with this picture?
I don't know if this was before or after the Spider Man reenactment.












Congrats on the new house! I'm so happy that your life got a little easier! :)
ReplyDeleteTHANKS! I can't tell you how good it feels. Instead of sitting in endless red lights this morning, I had Little Miss Farmer to school, dropped and me at my office in 30 minutes!!!! That's HALF the time it usually takes. That 30 minutes gets me 30 minutes of uninterrupted work time, which will hopefully keep me from bringing work home. Which means, more time with the kiddo! #worthit
Delete