Happy 4th Birthday, Munchkin
48 months, 208 weeks, 1456 days... that's how long we've been "meeting" this little human. I say "meeting," because it seems every day we learn something new about her. Her idiosyncrasies, the things she likes and dislikes, her ability to try new things and to be open to life and what it has to offer. 1456 days I've spent, tirelessly worried about what kind of human I'm leading along this path of life. She will be an only child - I cringe at having a spoiled and ungrateful child in this world - there are already enough of those. Teaching her that she's so fortunate to have what she has. When she asks about the man on the corner asking for money, I'm honest with her. I tell her there are some people who don't have homes and beds to sleep in. Her eyes squint together, processing what I've said. I want to expose her to things and people and life. I want her to grow up being curious and knowing it's okay to ask questions and to seek understanding. As frustrating as some days can be - the day we're in Home Depot and her favorite song comes on. I stop the cart and we break down in a dance party right in the middle of the hardware aisle. Have fun and try to take everything so seriously. Be kind to people. Be thoughtful and consider others when you make decisions. I want to teach her so many things. Ah. #mommyproblems.
Enjoy.
Enjoy.

And that's wrap on the year of 3. She finally held Pete and liked it.





















Comments
Post a Comment