Our little enigma
Such a riddle this little person. Always keeping us guessing.
For the record, the wake-up time is holding strong at 5am. Bless us all next week when we fall back an hour and 5am becomes 4am.
We go for our two-and-half-year check-up tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how she's doing all around. Also, fully prepared to discuss several of her idiosyncracies.
I'm not sure if we're having nightmares necessarily, but she has started seeing things and getting scared. They could be nightmares for sure, but she'll randomly, in the middle of the day, start telling me about how the dragon is here. It happened last week right when we got home. I had a small plate of cheese and crackers, so I asked her if she thought dragon might want a snack, she said "yes." So, outside we went, looking for Mr. Dragon to see if he wanted some cheese and crackers. Oy. After a while, she said he was gone. I convinced her, momentarily, that it was getting late and Mr. Dragon had to go home to be with his Mommy. Mr. Dragon came back around midnight.
We found out Tuesday that Nora's Great Grandpa passed away. With the World Series in Chicago, airline tickets were running $700x3. So, a road trip to Chicago was in our future. More on the trip later.
I've been majorly dragging tail on our Halloween costume. I just wasn't feeling it this year - which is a shame when you look at our past masterpieces. I just couldn't get into it. We were supposed to do a group costume with my brother, sister-in-law, Farmer and little bit. But that wasn't enough to light a fire. So, I completely half-assed it this year. I like to think that if nothing else, it's simple and not bulky and she MIGHT keep it on for 15 minutes. I still don't know what I'll be dressing as tomorrow morning. See. DON'T CARE.
Our trip to Chicago was yet another learning experience. The original plan was to leave early, early on Friday morning, then head out early Sunday. We rolled out at 2:15 Friday morning... at 2:45 we hit a deer! Yeah, just north of Nashville - thing was standing right in the middle of the interstate, we slam on the brakes, he starts running the other way, then turns right back in front of us. We clipped him at about 35 mph. I say "him," because he had to be an 8-point. Anyway, we make it to Chicago unscathed. She did fine Friday night, but Saturday was not fun. She was in a horrible mood, just crabby crab. We deduced that she had an ear infection. Decided to drive back after the funeral and got the on-call doctor to call us in an antibiotic to Chicago. She no more had an ear infection than I'm from Canada. She woke up this morning in the best mood. We had a whole bunch of fun. So, we decided she's easily over stimulated. She likes to do things on her own terms and when there are lots of questions and constant chaos - yeah, she's gonna be a crab.
For the record, the wake-up time is holding strong at 5am. Bless us all next week when we fall back an hour and 5am becomes 4am.
We go for our two-and-half-year check-up tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how she's doing all around. Also, fully prepared to discuss several of her idiosyncracies.
I'm not sure if we're having nightmares necessarily, but she has started seeing things and getting scared. They could be nightmares for sure, but she'll randomly, in the middle of the day, start telling me about how the dragon is here. It happened last week right when we got home. I had a small plate of cheese and crackers, so I asked her if she thought dragon might want a snack, she said "yes." So, outside we went, looking for Mr. Dragon to see if he wanted some cheese and crackers. Oy. After a while, she said he was gone. I convinced her, momentarily, that it was getting late and Mr. Dragon had to go home to be with his Mommy. Mr. Dragon came back around midnight.
We found out Tuesday that Nora's Great Grandpa passed away. With the World Series in Chicago, airline tickets were running $700x3. So, a road trip to Chicago was in our future. More on the trip later.
I've been majorly dragging tail on our Halloween costume. I just wasn't feeling it this year - which is a shame when you look at our past masterpieces. I just couldn't get into it. We were supposed to do a group costume with my brother, sister-in-law, Farmer and little bit. But that wasn't enough to light a fire. So, I completely half-assed it this year. I like to think that if nothing else, it's simple and not bulky and she MIGHT keep it on for 15 minutes. I still don't know what I'll be dressing as tomorrow morning. See. DON'T CARE.
Our trip to Chicago was yet another learning experience. The original plan was to leave early, early on Friday morning, then head out early Sunday. We rolled out at 2:15 Friday morning... at 2:45 we hit a deer! Yeah, just north of Nashville - thing was standing right in the middle of the interstate, we slam on the brakes, he starts running the other way, then turns right back in front of us. We clipped him at about 35 mph. I say "him," because he had to be an 8-point. Anyway, we make it to Chicago unscathed. She did fine Friday night, but Saturday was not fun. She was in a horrible mood, just crabby crab. We deduced that she had an ear infection. Decided to drive back after the funeral and got the on-call doctor to call us in an antibiotic to Chicago. She no more had an ear infection than I'm from Canada. She woke up this morning in the best mood. We had a whole bunch of fun. So, we decided she's easily over stimulated. She likes to do things on her own terms and when there are lots of questions and constant chaos - yeah, she's gonna be a crab.






Don't feel guilty about the costumes. Sometimes you feel it, sometimes you don't! And I hope the doc can give you some ideas or help you feel more "normal". Being a parent is hard sometimes, but you are doing fine :)
ReplyDelete